The acquisition comes at the perfect time to purchase the stock below $8.00 per share. Aurora will now fully own the hemp-derived food and nutritional supplement brands, Planet Hemp and Praise.
The Hempco acquisition expands hemp-derived CBD extraction capacity to research and develop topical medical marijuana products. In fact, the Hempco acquisition is perfectly timed as its new, state-of-the-art Nisku facility nears completion.
The 56,000-square-foot facility will augment hemp processing to 2.9 million kilograms of hemp per year.
Cultivating cannabis from respected genetics research, Aurora Cannabis is quickly differentiating itself with a clear hemp-based strategy. In addition to the Hempco acquisition, Aurora has also established an extensive hemp value chain through strategic international partnerships and acquisitions.
Terry Booth is a genius when it comes to strategic expansions. Each one is clearly connected to the other in a purpose-driven way, demonstrating well-defined business development goals.
To date, Booth has led the company through 17 wholly-owned acquisitions of international cannabis assets.
Here are Aurora’s top 5 most brilliant hemp acquisitions and what they say about the man behind Aurora.
What Aurora’s top 5 hemp acquisitions say about CEO Terry Booth
- Clearly, Terry Booth knows how to reach the European consumer: Agropro is Europe’s largest organic hemp-based food producer and boasts the best sowing and machine harvesting techniques to clean and extract CBD from hemp.
- He understands that carbs and grease are the two most essential ingredients in hemp-derived food products: Borela’s network extends throughout the entire European Union in processing and distributing organic hemp seeds, flour, and oil.
- He knows how to handle himself in rough neighbourhoods: Operating in the Latin American countries of Uruguay and Colombia, ICC labs exports CBD hemp genetics products for recreational and medicinal use.
- Terry Booth will mass-produce clean munchies and other digestibles: Anandia Labs might be Aurora’s best acquisition. The asset expands Aurora’s organization knowledge of independent cannabis product testing and quality assurance.
- He keeps his eye on the prize: Radient Technologies allows Aurora to manufacture cannabis at high volumes efficiently.
Perfectly complements UFC partnership
The hemp-based acquisition strategy perfectly complements Aurora’s recent collaboration with the UFC, the largest producer of global mixed martial arts events.
In May, Aurora and UFC announced a joint clinical research endeavour to explore uses for hemp-derived CBD. The UFC wants to learn about topical CBD treatments for mixed martial arts athletes.
Upon obtaining U.S. Anti-Doping Agency approval, the clinical research will result in hemp-derived athletic products under the ROAR sports brand. In order to establish additional credibility, Aurora will not directly conduct the investigation. Rather, the UFC will lead the clinical research study at the UFC Performance Institute in Las Vegas.
Non-intoxicating CBD products are critical to establishing a more extensive demographic reach beyond recreational users who may be more interested in the cognitive side effects.
Savvy Investors should keep a close eye on Aurora’s CBD development projects to stay on top of tomorrow’s innovative new brands.